"Everyone Has A Story" | Name Your Own Price Family Photography Sessions - Long Island, NYC
I think its pretty clear if you go to the homepage of this site that I am pretty passionate about documenting the life of your family in photographs. Your REAL life. Your home. Your family dynamic. Your history. Everyone has a story to tell, and recording those stories in photographs to pass on to the next generation . . . is priceless.
I love documenting other families. If I could, I would do it for free. I believe this genre of storytelling, documentary photography is THAT important. But, a two hour family session actually translates into about 15 hours of work for me - from the prep work, to the actual session, to the post-processing, to creating the slideshow, to setting up the gallery, to fulfilling orders. My business overhead costs include studio software, editing software, my online gallery, insurance, equipment maintenance, website, shipping supplies, marketing, etc. And then on top of that, about a third of my earnings go to taxes. So... my session prices have to be what they are for this to remain a sustainable venture, and for me to be able to contribute financially to my family.
I know not every family can afford to pay premium prices for photography.
EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL.
So what can be done about this?
After racking my brain for weeks and weeks, I have decided to offer a very limited number of "Name Your Own Price" sessions this summer. If this proves to be successful, I will consider doing this long-term.
My goal is to share a diverse set of stories. To show that "FAMILY" can mean so many things. And all of them, just right.
So here is the deal:
1. I have FOUR spots open for sessions between now and September 11th.
2. You can pick either a 1-2 hour Storytelling Session (approximately 60 high res digital files & a slideshow) or a 1-2 hour Story in Motion Session (a 3-4 minute family film, 20 high res digital files). There are no print products included in these sessions, but they are available for purchase separately.
3. All offers must be a minimum of $250 in order to cover my business expenses.
4. Sessions must take place within 30 miles of Garden City South, NY.
5. Send me an email, tell me a little bit about your unique story, and make me an offer!
Keep in mind:
• My regular pricing is here for reference.
• Remember that each 2 hour session translates into about 15 hours of work for me from prep to post-processing.
• Half of the session fee will be due at the time of booking. The other half is due one week prior to your session. I accept cash and Paypal.
These sessions are meant to give all families a chance to document their story. I kindly ask that if you can afford to pay for a full-priced session, I would appreciate you booking a regular session with me, and leaving this opportunity for another family.
* * *
Just a quick note that I am interested in exploring some other ways to bring storytelling sessions to various communities, so if you happen to work for any community outreach organizations in the Long Island or NYC area, please be in touch!
Francesca Russell is a documentary-style family photographer and filmmaker located in Garden City South, NY. Head over to her Facebook page to see more of her recent work at https://www.facebook.com/francescarussellphotography/, or follow her on Instagram @francescarnyc. If you are looking for a photographer on Long Island or in the New York City area to document your family's story, please contact her for a session!