10 Things That You Might Not Know About Me | Long Island Family Photographer
Today I thought I'd give you a little insight into my life before kids, and share with you some little tidbits that you might not know about me. I always find it fascinating to hear about people's backgrounds and adventures growing up. I remember my mom having one photo album of her school years and I loved looking at the pictures in there of her and her friends. I think its important to share these stories of our "past lives" - especially with our kids. Let them see us as a more complex and interesting person than just "mom". So here goes!
10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I was born in the UK.
Yep, I moved to California when I was seven (my dad worked in computers, so you know, Silicon Valley was the place to be).
2. I went to Catholic School for a thousand years.
Well, okay, 13 years. Kindergarten through high school.
3. I was a theater geek in high school and college.
I did a bunch of plays at the local community theater during high school, and one of my best friends convinced me to be in a production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" my last year of college - even after I had decided to be a stage manager, and was not too psyched about being onstage!
4. I worked at Baskin Robbins for 2 years at the end of high school, and one night I was held up and locked in the store.
They caught the guy.
5. In 2002 I took an Amtrak train across the country with my best friend and moved to New York City.
It took four days.
6. I've worked with some pretty interesting people.
7. I've only ever been on one "real" vacation that didn't involve visiting family.
I went to Mexico in 2007 with my friend Katherine.
8. I used to be a knitter.
Sadly I haven't picked up the needles since before Logan was born. I made the two tops and scarf below, as well as many other things.
9. My cat came on tour with me for four years.
Planes, trains and automobiles!
10. From 2006-2011 I visited over 100 cities in the U.S. and Canada while on tour with two Broadway shows.
It was the experience of a lifetime.
So there you have it - 10 things that maybe you didn't know about me. Now it's your turn - tell me something unique and interesting or quirky about you in the comments!
Francesca Russell is a documentary-style family photographer and filmmaker located in Garden City South, NY. If you'd like to see more of her recent documentary family photography, head over to her Facebook page or follow her everyday adventures on Instagram. If you are looking for a family photographer on Long Island or in the New York City area to document your family's story in photos or a film, please contact her for a session!