Well that month just flew by! I do admit, although I am a fan of summer, October does hold a soft spot in my heart - especially living here on the east coast. With the colorful leaves, chill in the air, scarecrows in everyone’s yards, fall festivals every weekend, and trips to the apple orchards… it’s basically like living in a fall-themed storybook.
- We went to Copake for Columbus Day weekend and went apple-picking in Hudson.
- We bought pumpkins at our local pumpkin patch.
- Logan’s class went on a field trip to a local farm, where he milked a cow, rode a pony and went on a hay ride.
- Lila, Logan, Marge and I went to the corn maze at the Queens County Farm and had a great time. We made it through in about an hour.
- Logan had a “special day” at school where I participated in the classroom.
- We took Tank to Old Westbury Gardens for a special “Bring your Dog” celebration.
- I went into NYC and sold all my Nikon equipment and treated myself to lunch at Tea and Sympathy.
- We went to our final potluck at the nursery school (sniff!)
- We celebrated Halloween!
- I have been plowing through editing client work, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I adore my clients, but I am looking forward to some downtime during the holidays.
- I sold all my Nikon equipment and am now a Sony girl 100%!
- I have less than 60 days left in my 365 project and I am already thinking about projects for next year.
We joined Hello Fresh this past month! (Thanks for the tip, Marissa!) We’ve been getting three meals a week, and its been great. It makes meal planning so much easier and the meals so far have been delicious.
FAVORITE PHOTO CAPTURES IN OCTOBER:
GOALS FOR NOVEMBER:
- De-clutter my office
- Update my website
- Embrace my blog! (I am planning on moving over here more and spending less time on social media)
- Celebrate Lila’s 7th birthday!
- Have a restful and restorative Thanksgiving
Francesca Russell is a documentary-style family photographer and filmmaker located in Garden City South, NY. If you'd like to see more of her recent documentary family photography, head over to her Facebook page or follow her everyday adventures on Instagram. If you are looking for a family photographer or lifestyle videographer on Long Island or in the New York City area to document your family, small business or event, please contact her for more information.