July and August Round-up
Summer just flew by… it’s hard to believe it’s over already. Perhaps it will sink in once Logan is back in school. I am not in the “fall” state of mind just yet… although I am enjoying the “clean slate” that comes with the beginning of the school year.
Let’s take a few minutes and round-up all the high points in July and August.
- We went to California for a week and had so much fun hanging out with my family.
- Both kids loved their summer ballet and tap classes.
- We adopted our puppy, Tank!
- The kids started and ended swim lessons. We’ll try again in the spring.
- We crossed some items off the “Summer Bucket List”, including Sands Point Preserve, Old Westbury Gardens and the beach.
- We said goodbye to Lila’s best friend, who moved to Florida.
- We had fun hanging out at the local pool.
- Lila and Logan went to Copake for “Camp Nana” for a weekend.
- We had a family reunion barbecue at cousin Steve’s house.
- I haven’t been feeling it with my 365 project, but have been soldiering on. I think I may challenge myself to a chunk of photos only using artificial light or something to keep me interested!
- I buckled down and started writing my class for The Define School. Its getting there!
”The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food and Love” by Kristin Kimball
”The Year of Less” by Cait Flanders
Mac and cheese with peas from “100 Days of Real Food, Fast and Fabulous”
Pasta with sausage, escarole and peppers
CURRENTLY MAKING ME HAPPY
- walks with the dog
- Armchair Expert podcast
- Buffer and bulk-scheduling soclal media (thank you, Patty!)
- reading books
- listening to the “Hamilton” soundtrack
- The “Tranquil” essential oil roller from Young Living (helps me with insomnia)
FAVORITE PHOTO CAPTURES IN JULY & AUGUST
GOALS FOR SEPTEMBER
- Finish writing my class
- Big de-clutter of the house
- Get into a block scheduling system
- Find some time for personal projects
Francesca Russell is a documentary-style family photographer and filmmaker located in Garden City South, NY. If you'd like to see more of her recent documentary family photography, head over to her Facebook page or follow her everyday adventures on Instagram. If you are looking for a family photographer or lifestyle videographer on Long Island or in the New York City area to document your family, small business or event, please contact her for more information.